In Episode 23 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast, Steve Austin and Paul Young discuss the upcoming docudrama, "The Heart of Man". In this episode, Steve and Paul talk about the truth about sex, abuse, addiction, and recovery. Do not miss this episode.
Synopsis (from the website):
"The Heart of Man” is a story inviting the sons and daughters of God to leave behind our broken, moralistic and religious way of thinking and relating to God and to others. Once we begin to know who God is (and as a result who we are), we have something to invite the world into. Freedom from performance. Freedom from managing our behavior so we appear acceptable to God. Freedom from our addictions, compulsive behaviors, secrecy and double lives. This film tears the veil of confusion over the church's current identity crisis and enables it to invite the rest of the world to the banquet God is throwing all of us.
The film features emotional interviews with real people going through their mess and subsequent healing, and includes expert witnesses of such men as William Paul Young, author of the NY Times best-selling novel “The Shack”, Dan Allender, Ph.D, author of "The Wounded Heart" and Spoken Word Artist Jackie Hill Perry. All of that is interwoven with a production-rich “prodigal son” narrative story shot in Hawaii.
- Get more details about the movie here - http://heartofmanmovie.com/
- Movie is out in theaters on September 14th ONLY - out on DVD soon after.
- Light has to enter into the darkness of our secrets for transformation to be possible.
- Abuse, addiction, and affairs.
- When people become authentic storytellers, it grants hope to those of us who are in the dark of our own secrets.
- Shame and fear are awfully effective motivators.
- People don't enter this relationship with Jesus - they enter a relationship with Hell.
- Millennials aren't comitted to the affiliations that kept them in hiding.
- What if Jesus is just asking us to invite us into the darkness?
- At the very darkest place, you will find that Jesus is there.
- There is no darkness that I bring to the table that God is not already in.
- Transformation is not you becoming something that you were not before, but revelating what you've been the entire time.
- I'm not defined by my erratic behaviors, but by who God says I am.
- All you need is a seed.
- Music in today's episode from the score for "The Heart of Man". Music by Tony Anderson.