In this Episode of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast, I get honest about my struggles during the Easter season. I talk about Jesus, the Cross, and the Resurrection. I ask the question, "What the hell do we do with Jesus?"
- I talk about faith, doubt, atheism, Christianity, and feeling stuck somewhere in-between.
- I talk about attending an Episcopal church for the first time in my life, and communion, and pressing forward, toward Jesus, even when I'm not sure I even believe it all any more.
- I talk about stepping away from the faith of my parents and grandparents and doing the hard work of sifting to find a faith that is authentic for me.
If you've ever struggled with faith, or believing the Biblical account of Holy Week, check out this latest episode today. You're safe and welcome here, wherever you come from.
In this episode, I share passages from 4 books I am currently reading:
- Lion and Lamb: The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus, by Brennan Manning
- Finding God in the Waves: How I Lost My Faith and Found it Again through Science, by Mike McHargue
- Did God Kill Jesus, by Tony Jones
- Lies We Believe about God, by Wm. Paul Young
Got a question for me? Email it to email@example.com and if it's chosen for the podcast, I'll send you a free copy of my book, Self-Care for the Wounded Soul: 21 Days of Messy Grace.
Invest in your self-care at AskSteveAustin.com