Episode 006, featuring “Ask the Expert” with Sarah Fader, is all about recovery from a suicide attempt and suicide prevention. This episode is for the person who loves someone who longs to die. This is for the caregiver who feels stuck. Someone you care about is suffering with a mental illness so much that they are either threatening suicide, or you worry they may want to die. This episode is all about the kind souls who want to help, but feel like they’re on the outside, looking in. *Trigger warning: suicide, suicide attempt, suicide prevention, suicidal ideation
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. In today’s episode (click here to listen on iTunes), we discuss suicide prevention and so much more:
- How to Subscribe to the Pastor to Psych Ward podcast!
- Question: Why would someone even want to kill themselves?
- Suicide statistics from AFSP.org
- Question: What do you do if someone you love who is suicidal or is in the dregs of depression?
- The number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255
- You can reach the Crisis Text Line by texting “START” to 741-741.
- Question: What do you do when someone you love attempts suicide?
- Question: How do I know if a teenager is really depressed and suicidal or is seeking attention and manipulating others (like her parents) by threatening suicide?
- The importance of caregiver self-care
- Suicide Warning Signs & Risk Factors from AFSP.org
- Question: What do you do when you are so exhausted with someone who continually threatens suicide?
- What not to say to a suicidal person.
- What to do when your child attempts suicide
- Ask the Expert segment with Sarah Fader of Stigma Fighters
- Music this episode is “Not Crazy” by Act of Congress. Visit ActOfCongressMusic.com for scheduling and download their music on iTunes.